can i get my legal guardian changed without my parents agreeing to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailyann

Can I change my legal guardian without my parents agreeing to it?So my parents are divorced because my dad physical and emotionally abused my mother. Ever since the divorce I lived with my mom up until October 24 2013. My mother verbally abused me, had me in unsafe living conditions, and finally kicked me out and sent me to my dads. Living with my dad was great at first until 3 months in my dad got mad at me for slamming a door jerked me around by the colar of my shirt and left bruises on my neck and pulled me up the road by my hair and drolled back his fist with the other hand holding me by my hair giving me no way to fight back. When he realized he left bruises on my neck he took me out to his tree farm in little Canada nc and kept me there so no one would find out ever since he has been verbally abusing me. My very close friend and her mother rent from my dad and I've basically been living with them. Her mom has cancer and loves me to death and wants me to live with her. But after recent events my dad has decided to kick them out and me and her both want me to stay with her. I know neither of my parents would agree to letting her become my legal guardian, is there a way around that?

Not very likely. The only way to change your legal guardian without your parents' consent is if the state removes you from the home. And if the state removes you from the home, they will put you with a state-approved family or group home. I'm betting that your friend's mother is not an approved foster parent, which means that the chances that the state will allow you to stay where you are, are between slim and none. And if the state is not involved, then your legal guardianship is not going to change unless your parents consent.

You do know that if your parents decide to report you as a runaway that the people you are living with can end up in jail, right?

Can I change my legal guardian without my parents agreeing to it?So my parents are divorced because my dad physical and emotionally abused my mother. Ever since the divorce I lived with my mom up until October 24 2013. My mother verbally abused me, had me in unsafe living conditions, and finally kicked me out and sent me to my dads. Living with my dad was great at first until 3 months in my dad got mad at me for slamming a door jerked me around by the colar of my shirt and left bruises on my neck and pulled me up the road by my hair and drolled back his fist with the other hand holding me by my hair giving me no way to fight back. When he realized he left bruises on my neck he took me out to his tree farm in little Canada nc and kept me there so no one would find out ever since he has been verbally abusing me. My very close friend and her mother rent from my dad and I've basically been living with them. Her mom has cancer and loves me to death and wants me to live with her. But after recent events my dad has decided to kick them out and me and her both want me to stay with her. I know neither of my parents would agree to letting her become my legal guardian, is there a way around that?

If you are being beaten, abused, tortured, or mistreated: ALWAYS call "911"!

Get the police involved if you are being harmed.

Agree; if you are being physically harmed, contact the police. You can't remain living where you are with your friend's Mother.

Not very likely. The only way to change your legal guardian without your parents' consent is if the state removes you from the home. And if the state removes you from the home, they will put you with a state-approved family or group home. I'm betting that your friend's mother is not an approved foster parent, which means that the chances that the state will allow you to stay where you are, are between slim and none. And if the state is not involved, then your legal guardianship is not going to change unless your parents consent.

You do know that if your parents decide to report you as a runaway that the people you are living with can end up in jail, right?

Yes I am aware of that, if my friends mom becomes a state approved foster parent would they let me stay with her?

Only the state can answer that. And you might want to keep in mind that one does not become a state approved foster parent overnight. Also that as of now, no reports have been made to the state that will lead them to believe you need to be anywhere other than with your parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back