Deportation, Re-entry Can i get my green card with 2 misdemeanors of domestic violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dididexter

I have 2 misdemeanors both were domestic violence only spent one night in jail both were 3 years apart. I paid all my fines and i did all classes court ordered. Can i still be deported im up for renewal in 2 years

I have 2 misdemeanors both were domestic violence only spent one night in jail both were 3 years apart. I paid all my fines and i did all classes court ordered. Can i still be deported im up for renewal in 2 years

Can you be denied? Can you be deported? Yes, the authorities consider such a crime, a crime of moral turpitude.

It's not nice to to beat up your man or woman.

There's a very important detail nobody has mentioned yet.

OP, Give me a rough timeline please. There's a reason why I'm asking.

When did you first become a LPR, and how long was it between that date and the two offenses?

There's a very important detail nobody has mentioned yet.

OP, Give me a rough timeline please. There's a reason why I'm asking.

When did you first become a LPR, and how long was it between that date and the two offenses?

The OP provided the information you're seeking, Pro.

As noted below, he says they were "DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ONLY" and alleges they occurred over a THREE YEAR timeframe.

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ONLY!!!! YIKES!

My usual caveat, ONLY THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES can say for sure what will happen, and any ruling is subject to appeal. More than likely, these days, what SHOULD happen, probably won't happen.

Last edited:
He says 2 mis. within a 3 year period, but he does not say when he got the green card and it matters.[/quote]

There is a very specific reason I'm asking. The answer could quite literally be the deciding factor.

He says 2 mis. within a 3 year period, but he does not say when he got the green card and it matters.

The immigration officials and how he proceeds will determine that.
But, even serial domestic batterers and abusers are entitled to due process.

Hence my response.

USCIS will follow their own rules, and this one is fairly black and white. If X happened before Y, he's out of luck. But if X happened after Y, he has options.

Y is the important factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back