Can I get emancipated

Daisy_Moraa21

Jurisdiction
Nevada
I am 16 and pregnant my dad didn't want me to use his insurance for the doctors visit or anything that had to do with him he wanted my boyfriend to take full responsibility of me, which he is doing. I've been living with my boyfriend for about 2 months now. He has a job and we been staying at his moms house. He's been helping his mom out with bills but we are planning on getting our own little place soon. My boyfriends mom has temporary guardianship of me because I've been living with her and I needed an adult to be going to the doctors appointments with me since I'm under age but I was wondering if I would be allowed to get emancipation so like that I'll be able to go to my doctors appointments and do things on my own without my boyfriends mom having to come with me everywhere all the time.

I am 16 and pregnant my dad didn't want me to use his insurance for the doctors visit or anything that had to do with him he wanted my boyfriend to take full responsibility of me, which he is doing. I've been living with my boyfriend for about 2 months now. He has a job and we been staying at his moms house. He's been helping his mom out with bills but we are planning on getting our own little place soon. My boyfriends mom has temporary guardianship of me because I've been living with her and I needed an adult to be going to the doctors appointments with me since I'm under age but I was wondering if I would be allowed to get emancipation so like that I'll be able to go to my doctors appointments and do things on my own without my boyfriends mom having to come with me everywhere all the time.

Based upon your current living arrangement, your father's abandonment of his financial, emotional, and legal support for you, your pregnancy, and several other factors; you won't be emancipated.

When a child residing in Nevada reaches the age of 16, he can ask the court for early emancipation. Under Section 129.080 of the Nevada Revised Statutes, he can file a petition with the court if he has married or has already moved out of his parents' or guardians' home. However, he must prove to the court's satisfaction that he can make it on his own. This usually involves showing proof of his income and that it's enough to meet his budget. If he has a roommate or receives financial assistance from a family member, the court can take that into consideration. If the court agrees that the child is capable, it will issue a decree of emancipation.

You are free to petition the court.
The court will decide.

Read this:
Emancipation of minors a tricky business
Nevada Law on the Emancipation of a Minor Child
https://www.washoecourts.com/forms/pdf/family/emancipation/EM- Emancipation.pdf

Not a chance.

It is extremely unlikely your boyfriends mom has legal guardianship either. You have quite a mess on your hands. I recommend you work on mending relationships with your own family.

How old is the boyfriend?

The odds that a pregnant teenager will be emancipated are pretty much zero in any state. Pregnancy tends to show that you need more parental supervision, not less.

And if you personally, NOT your boyfriend and his mother, are not paying all your own bills, you don't qualify for emancipation anyway. It takes a great deal more than having an upset with your father to make you eligible and nothing you have posted suggests you are eligible in any way.

How old is your boyfriend? What orders are there that granted any guardianship to your boyfriend's mom?

You might want to try to fix things with your dad. Where's your mom? Are they divorced? Who actually has custody of you? You're likely only living with the boyfriend because your dad allows it.

Oh and no as stated you won't be able to be emancipated.

Back