Can I get $ back from boyfriend for Porsche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haab2005

What is the name of your state? Florida

I met a guy. We dated for about 2months. He was obviously in love with his Porsche, which he put for up for sale on consignment at a local dealer so that he could deal with other financial matters. I told him that I would buy the car from the dealer for him, and that he could pay me back little by little. He never agreed to that, but I knew where the car was for sale, so I went to the dealer and bought the car, and left everything in his name. He owed $39k on the car. I paid the $55k dealer price and told the dealer to leave the title in his name. The difference in the selling price and the amount owed on the car went to my ex-boyfriend.

There was no agreement in writing. In fact, I told him (and emailed him) that I did it on my own accord and admitted that he did not ask me to do it for him.

Things have since gone south in the relationship and I feel he should either pay me back or give me the car.

Do I have any recourse?

Based solely on the facts in your post, you gave him a nice gift.

Sorry to say but it is utterly ridiculous for you to do this for a guy you have only been dating for 2 months.

That sounds like a gift to me since there was no discussion at all about a repayment plan.

You should have at least put the car in your name, or in both of your names that would give you some recourse to at least re-claim the car. However you did none of this. Seems to me you are mad the relationship has gone sour and now want your money, but there is nothing indicative in your post that it was a loan.

See an attorney for pursuing this in civil court, but it does not look good.

haab,

what do you look like? are you seeing anyone right now? i am a handsome young buck that would like to get to know you. do you have "elite status" in today's society? do you have any plastic surgery??

otherwise, i would contact an attorney immediately.

thanks,
upforgrabs
posts are opinion only and have no legal meaning whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back