can i get a restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

good evening. I am in a bad situation. I am married and I have a daughter from a previous relationship. no kids with my wife. my wife is verbally abusive and for the past year (last year I became disabled from brain surgery) she has gotten much more aggressive. she is very confrontational. she jumps in my face and I try to leave often she will block my way push me or even follow me outside to continue yelling. she has even used tools to take the door knob off when I retreat to a room and lock the door to continue yelling.. (this has happened many times) once she tried to throw boiling water at me but dropped the pot. I went to the police station and they said it is a civil matter because she actually didn't hit me. she once gave me a bowl of rice and beans that had a very large piece of glass in it and denied putting it there. she gets mad easily and has grabbed knives screwdrivers ect and stood very aggressively at me. she does this in front of my daughter. she drags my daughter into our fights. its gotten really bad but I am petrified of her. she gets mad very easy and is very unpredictable. I found out/ recently that she has a violent past. (from her mother) I cant afford to pay for a divorce however she wont leave. being a man is this the type of situation I can get a restraining order for? I am scared of my wife. (not to mention the countless things of mine that she has broken or taken away.)
thank you for listening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back