Naturalization, Citizenship Can I file Form N-400 ninety (90) calendar days before I complete my permanent residence requirement

Levan

Jurisdiction
New York
I am green card holder since 07/10/2012,
From 12/29/2012 to 06/20/2013 I left US for studying purpose: 6 months and 2 days total.
Since then I have never violated continuous residence requirement and never left US more than 6 months.
If , starting from 06/20/2013 when I returned back, 5 years continuous residency and physical presence requirements meet again on 06/20/2018, can I file Form N-400 90 days earlier?
I consulted with an Attorney and she told me that I had to wait 5 years + 3 months from 06/20/2013 because I had broken continues residence requirement.
Then I consulted with another Attorney who told me I could file the Form N-400 90 days before 06/20/2018
I am very confused now and I do not know what to do or believe to whom
Please, help !help! help! can I file the Form N-400 90 days earlier ???
I really appreciate any your advice and suggestion.
Thank you!

I consulted with an Attorney and she told me that I had to wait 5 years + 3 months from 06/20/2013 because I had broken continues residence requirement.
Then I consulted with another Attorney who told me I could file the Form N-400 90 days before 06/20/2018
I am very confused now and I do not know what to do or believe to whom
Please, help !help! help! can I file the Form N-400 90 days earlier ???

Your solution to your quandary is to seek a definitive answer from unknown people on the internet.

Do yourself a favor, ask INS, or hire an immigration attorney to guide your efforts.

Whatever you do, don't seek answers to important questions for FREE via the internet.

Would you seek answers from WebMD if you were envenomated by a coral snake, contracted smallpox or tuberculosis?

Back