Can i do something about this.

Jayj2016.618

Jurisdiction
Illinois
It was me and two other friends inside his inside one of my buddies vehicles and we was on our way home and we was pulled over by the local police well they took our IDs told us that the reason why they stopped as was a bust it out license plate light well I want to know when officer came back to the driver he did not have our IDs and everything and he said he didn't say nothing else besides either step out of the vehicle and get searched or we're going to run the dog around it and at that time the dog was not there and I didn't see him and say nothing else about the light try to give us a citation or warning is that police misconduct and is there anything I can do about it

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

is there anything I can do about it

Anything you can do about what?

Here's what I can discern from your post: You and two friends were in a car being driven by one of your friends. The car was pulled over because of a broken license plate light. During the course of the stop, the officer gave you the option of "either step[ping] out of the vehicle and get[ting] searched" or waiting for "the dog" (presumably, a drug-sniffing dog).

You didn't tell us anything about what happened after that, so I'm not sure what you expect anyone to tell you.

Your description is difficult to follow, but no, it doesn't seem the police were doing anything improper. Many people have misconceptions about what police may and may not do.

Back