Can I be violated for not going to drug and alcohol classes that were not court ordered

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I failed a drug test for probation and when my probation officer asked me what I think we should do about it I told him I would take drug and alcohol counseling. I recently missed two of my appointments and my counselor reported it to my probation officer. Can my probation officer violate me for missing my appointments even though they are not court ordered?

Can my probation officer violate me for missing my appointments even though they are not court ordered?

You need to direct all of your questions to your probation officer.

Whatever some internet nobody says is meaningless to your somebody probation officer.

I failed a drug test for probation and when my probation officer asked me what I think we should do about it I told him I would take drug and alcohol counseling. I recently missed two of my appointments and my counselor reported it to my probation officer. Can my probation officer violate me for missing my appointments even though they are not court ordered?

You're just begging to be thrown in jail, aren't you? I think that would be the best place for you at this point.

Talk to your probation officer, as the judge told you. We can't help you here.

Can my probation officer violate me for missing my appointments even though they are not court ordered?

Maybe, but there's no question that he can violate you for failing a drug test. You got convicted of some crime but were fortunate enough to be given probation. You then violated the conditions of your probation. Instead of violating you, your probation officer was kind enough to let you "take drug and alcohol counseling." You then pissed on your probation officer's kindness by not going to the counseling. If you don't start taking this stuff seriously and get your s**t together, you should start warming up to the idea of three walls and some iron bars as your living quarters..

Back