Can I be sued for water damage if I asked for estimate

G

GanipGanop

Please help us. We are so frightened. We had a leak of our AC into the unit below. We live in a condo bldg and we own our unit. It happened before and I gave the lady our insurance at that time and she filed a claim, but she never allowed us to see the damage. We have had our AC regularly maintained, but it nevertheless has leaked in the past. In any case, when it happened this time we asked to see the damage because our insurance had told us we had the option of paying out of pocket. So I told her I was sorry, but we needed at least pictures and an estimate so that we could pay the bill. She then threatened us very menacingly by saying, "You'll be sorry you said that." She has since not shown us anything, again, nor presented any bills or estimates. It's been a week now. When I spoke to our insurance before, they told us we had the option of paying directly, so I thought that's what I was requesting and that it was okay to do so. So, by requesting this information, instead of just giving her our insurance again, is she possibly going to sue us? We are very, very frightened and unable to sleep.

She sues you, she sues you. You can then get your insurance carrier to assist in your defense.

Don't allow others to bully you. Even if she prevails, she has to endeavor to collect. Besides, just because her junk may have gotten wet, she must prove your air conditioner was the proximate cause of her alleged damages. That's easier to say than it is to do.

I suggest you ensure your mechanical appliances are repaired and are operating in proper order.

She sues you, she sues you. You can then get your insurance carrier to assist in your defense.

Don't allow others to bully you. Even if she prevails, she has to endeavor to collect. Besides, just because her junk may have gotten wet, she must prove your air conditioner was the proximate cause of her alleged damages. That's easier to say than it is to do.

I suggest you ensure your mechanical appliances are repaired and are operating in proper order.

I already showed her and admitted it. I don't want to hide it. Will my insurance still cover me? Last time she got a lot from them and all I could see from her furnace in the hall was a small circle. They don't require her to show proof and she seems to know that. That's also why I wanted to see it. I don't trust she's truthful. Thank you so much.

I already showed her and admitted it. I don't want to hide it. Will my insurance still cover me? Last time she got a lot from them and all I could see from her furnace in the hall was a small circle. They don't require her to show proof and she seems to know that. That's also why I wanted to see it. I don't trust she's truthful. Thank you so much.

You pay for insurance.
I suggest you use your insurance if circumstances warrant, and make sure your air conditioning unit is repaired, stops leaking, and performs in tip-top working order!

Back