Can I be reimbursed for car being impounded?

mr_2484

Jurisdiction
California
Recently my car was impounded due to the tags being expired. However, I never received the notice and by the time I realized it I immediately tried to pay. The problem was that when I tried to pay for the registration I couldn't and so I had to go through the DMV and they were able to find out that Ally, the leasing company the car is under, did not register the car in the beginning.
After that was handled I paid but it lead to the car being pulled over and impounded because the cop could not find any records of it being paid. I had to go to the police station and everything got taken care of but, by the time I was finished the tow yard was closed and I had to wait till the next day to get the car out. When I first got the car I did have trouble getting the plates and making payments because they could not find the vin number associated with the car. But everything worked out so I didn't think much of it.
Am I able to ask for a reimbursement and if so who do I talk to?

Am I able to ask for a reimbursement and if so who do I talk to?

I suppose you start by speaking to someone at Ally Bank.

Is a reimbursement something that they can do? I'm sure they don't want to, but I don't know if a reimbursement is something I can even ask for either; from anyone else for that matter.

Anyone can do anything.
Will they do it, I don't speak for Ally Bank.
There is no harm in asking, be prepared to explain, and it might be better to follow up with a written letter to their CEO.

Back