Can I be made to pay my ex twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srewedinms

My husband and I have been divorced for 3 yrs. In the settlement I was ordered to pay him 16000.00, I went to the ban k and borrowed the money and paid him. 4 months later he decides he wants to work things out and I told him he had to pay the debt off before coming back, he did and unknowingly I signed papers putting his name back on the deed to my house. After 4 miserable months of living together we split up, he was very mean and abusive towards me this whole 4 months and would not help me pay the bills or buy groceries or do anything for our son. Since our split, when he gets mad at me, he reminds me that I owe him, and now 3yrs later he has decided to make me pay him and stop child support for our son who will be 21 in August. But our son is still in college and I need help paying for his schooling. Is there anyway he can be made to continue child support until my son graduates from college and can I be made to pay him 16000.00 again although I already paid him once? Please help, he is making my life miserable!

It is unlikely he can be made to pay for college but that is very state specific. I assume that he wants the 16,000 again for his share of the house. It would depend on exactly what you signed but I very much doubt it after only 4 months. You will need an attorney to get the deed set aside but you need to do it now. By waiting you will posssibly ratify the deed and have to pay him again.

I do know that by me signing those papers it put my ex back on the deed to my house, so does this mean I am legally obligated to pay him AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back