Can I be compensated for ruining credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardbnaqt

I had a car accident on 4/22/05 in Los Angeles, CA. I was sued by the other party in LA Superior Court on 10/2/06. I was represented by an attorney provided by my insurance co., (State Farm). I didn't have to do anything, Ithey handled everything. The plantiff was awarded a judgement, which was paid by my State Farm. State Farm had a check for the defendent, but she would not sign the "satisfaction of judgment" form that State Farm wanted her to sign, acknowledging that she recieved the payment. She would not return phone calls to State Farm, and she changed her address, so after 3 months she FINALLY signed the form & collected her check. However during this time, a judgement was placed on my 3 credit bureau reports as a non paid judgement. When I found out, I called State Farm whom got me a official copy of Satisfaction of Judgment from the court, which I sent to the credit bureaus to get it off of my reports. I was told they will not remove it, just mark it as a paid judgment on my credit reports. This is the only negative item. I applied for a loan and was denied, got a copy of my credit report and I have every other account in good standing, and 1 negative item (which is this judgement). I am sure I can get copies of papaerwork from State Farm showing the months of them sending her mail, leaving messages, etc. with her not responding.

Can I be compensated by her (the defendent) for ruining my credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back