Can I be arrested for apartment complex stealing/damaging school laptop under my care?

midian36

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
The apt complex myself and my rm was illegally evicted from is refusing to allow us entry to get our stuff. They also lied to the court and said they served notice of eviction and notice of appearance and the court ruled in their favor because we did not show (we didn't know). In the apt is my school's WiFi card and laptop. Not knowing he was not allowed on the property my rm entered the apt to retrieve some stuff and noticed that the apt was completely destroyed. Food was all over the floor, fridge and freezer standing open, ketchup/mustard bottles had been squeezed empty all over the kitchen, and where the laptop and WiFi card was it looked as if a tornado came through. When he returned to grab my stuff he was chased off by apt security. The school is now threatening to arrest me. I spent 3 hours being interrogated w/o an att where I was harassed, threatened, slandered, and disrespected by campus police. The apt complex lied and said my rm was not evicted nor banned, but I was. Police asked if they could come by. Mgr said no. They then harassed and threatened my rm at work, including sending another city's police to his work. Police told me to have rm break into apt then call.

That is one cool story, bro.

Thanks a bunch, I enjoyed reading it.

Can I be arrested for apartment complex stealing/damaging school laptop under my care?

Technically yes, but they would likely be lacking any evidence of your responsibility to get a conviction.

If the computer is stolen then report the theft to police. If you have property remaining at the residence you should be able to retrieve it with a police officer accompanying you.... But they won't wait all day. Make it quick.

Back