Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Can husband press charges on wife for signing checks in pa

L

Lkcjaf04

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
The only bank account we have is the one with his name only on it. I wrote checks to cover another account and all funds have been redeposited. Can my husband press forgery charges on me for signing the checks?

The only bank account we have is the one with his name only on it. I wrote checks to cover another account and all funds have been redeposited. Can my husband press forgery charges on me for signing the checks?

No, the prosecutor brings the charges, after the police investigate you based pon your hubby reporting your alleged shenanigans.

He can report to the bank he never authorized you to write the checks and the bank could forward it to the county attorney. If you aren't on his account, you shouldn't be writing checks.

My ex when we were still married stole a checkbook from me when I was still at my hometown bank and wrote checks. I don't know why he didn't think I'd find out. I emailed the bank and they said they knew it wasn't me and sent most of them back. A few got cashed. I told my ex and he freaked and asked me to cover. I said I gave him permission. Even the bank said that I can't do that and he has to be added to the account to write checks in the future.

Nothing happened to him then because I still had my dad's address and number on the checks and the bar and gas station he wrote checks to that were returned called that number so he went and covered them as I was dealing with my daughter in the hospital. He should've just let them send them to the county attorney. Hindsight.

He can report to the bank he never authorized you to write the checks and the bank could forward it to the county attorney. If you aren't on his account, you shouldn't be writing checks.

My ex when we were still married stole a checkbook from me when I was still at my hometown bank and wrote checks. I don't know why he didn't think I'd find out. I emailed the bank and they said they knew it wasn't me and sent most of them back. A few got cashed. I told my ex and he freaked and asked me to cover. I said I gave him permission. Even the bank said that I can't do that and he has to be added to the account to write checks in the future.

Nothing happened to him then because I still had my dad's address and number on the checks and the bar and gas station he wrote checks to that were returned called that number so he went and covered them as I was dealing with my daughter in the hospital. He should've just let them send them to the county attorney. Hindsight.

My God, woman, that creep did you every kind of dirty, and did it over, and over.

SMDH

Sad. so very sad that some people are so evil.

My God, woman, that creep did you every kind of dirty, and did it over, and over.

SMDH

Sad. so very sad that some people are so evil.

Pretty much. Me, his first wife. His parents. (He stole his dads checks and wrote $3000 worth in about Sep 2015). I think he stole from his grandma once? Meth addicts...had I known he was on it that bad when she divorced him I wouldn't have gotten with him. But hindsight...

Pretty much. Me, his first wife. His parents. (He stole his dads checks and wrote $3000 worth in about Sep 2015). I think he stole from his grandma once? Meth addicts...had I known he was on it that bad when she divorced him I wouldn't have gotten with him. But hindsight...

Not only meth addicts, my friend, all those idiots who use any illegal substance (that includes weed, in my view).

BTW, the Air Force is considering on eliminating tattoo regs and allowing or loosening the use of weed.

The planet is imploding daily!!!

Not only meth addicts, my friend, all those idiots who use any illegal substance (that includes weed, in my view).

BTW, the Air Force is considering on eliminating tattoo regs and allowing or loosening the use of weed.

The planet is imploding daily!!!

No they are not allowing the use of marijuana. Prior marijuana use will not be a disqualifying factor for recruits anymore.

Air Force Loosens Marijuana Restrictions

http://www.af.mil/Portals/1/documents/Policy Memo.pdf?ver=2017-01-10-100008-623

So if you tell them you used pot, that doesn't mean you aren't going to be able to get in as long as there was no "exposure to legal proceedings." There is still a no use policy in all branches. So you cannot smoke pot while you are in the AF, Army, Marines, Navy. They'll still get you if you pop hot.

The tattoo policy sounds like the Army policy that was relaxed after SMA Dailey took over from Chandler.

I have no issue with marijuana. I have yet to see anyone completely lose their mind over smoking some pot. Unless mutilating a bag of Doritos is a crime...I think marijuana should be legalized and taxed. Cigarettes and tobacco are much worse.

I have no issue with marijuana. I have yet to see anyone completely lose their mind over smoking some pot. Unless mutilating a bag of Doritos is a crime...I think marijuana should be legalized and taxed. Cigarettes and tobacco are much worse.

People should simply obey all of their laws.

Weed is dope, and most smokers don't stop with that gateway drug.

I've prosecuted and adjudicated many people who say they began with weed.

For most people, they just don't know when to stop, or when to say NO.

You signed his name or yours? It is only forgery if you signed his. You can write out the checks if you are the one handling the finances, but he has to be the one to sign them. If you signed your own name, you could be found guilty of writing bad checks. Any of those creditors who got the useless checks can bring it to the attention of the authorities.

Back