Can ex-wife get restraining order on ex-husband's fiance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luna1974

Hello. I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my post and any information would be helpful and greatly appreciated so thank you in advance.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year. He has been divorced for two years. He has a seven year old son who on occassion, spends the night at my house with his father. My boyfriend has joint custody of his son. The mother is very jealous of my relationship with her ex and wants to put a restraining order in place that would prevent me from being able to be around her son. I have had very little contact with her and have not seen her nor spoken with her in last eight months. Since I do not have a relationship with her, I do not know how to neutralize the situation and I would like to know if it is possible for her have a restraining order against me? We live in Florida.

Thank you,

Luna

Probaly not. She cannot put an RO on someone just because she does not like them.

Unless you have threatened her she has no grounds for an RO.

Your boyfriend needs to make sure she does not play these games. He is dating someone else and she better get used to it. Your boyfriend can simply tell her she is not to have any contact with you at all, and if she wants to discuss anything regarding their child, she needs to discuss it with him. You are not a party to this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back