Can DMV do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbalddave

This past Fri Aug, 18th, I received a letter in the mail from the Virginia DMV stating that their records indicate that more than 1 driving record has been set up in my name. On one of the records my license is suspended or revoked and on the other, I have a valid drivers' license (which is what I hold currently). They are basically giving me 45 days to pay a $400 statutory fee AND take a the driver's test or my license will be suspended! I called the # for DMV data integrity services and spoke to a woman this afternoon. She says the fee is for a conviction for driving w/out insurance that is 12 years old! In 2004, I was convicted of several misdemeanor driving offenses which included driving on a suspended license, driving w/out registraion and insurance. Per my attorney's advice, I went to DMV, got a compliance summary stating the list of things I had to do to receive my license, and over the course of the next few months, I completed them. I have had a valid drivers license since 6/10/05 and have not even been pulled over since then. As far as I'm concerned, my status is completely legal. I have never had a problem renewing my registration or anything. What should I do? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back