Can credit card co's in Fla.gaurenshee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art52

:eek: I have 3 seperate banks with which I'm in default on C.Cards
One has filed lit. and I have agreed to settlement, and again missed a payment.was given 10 days to pay or else court paperwork again.
chase bank.
#2 B.O.A. account default waiting to hear from them. In meantime one of collectors informed me that since in Fla. married couples are jointly Liable
my spouse could have wages gaurensheed since I was unemployed.?

Or in either case are the able to put lein on real property if in joint tenancy, or again if I am not on deed are they able to lein spouses title to same property if I quit claim from title of same?

Thirdly this acct. is a dental loan I am in default as well due to long term unemployment and I wonder what they are able to do legally.
I was under impression unsecured line of credit was just that, However I have since heard that even though unsecured, they can and will lein or seize fixed assets Vhicles/home bank accts. Is this so ?
would appreciate clarification in each case please I'm 6 mos behind and options are few.

Q: However I have since heard that even though unsecured, they can and will lein or seize fixed assets Vhicles/home bank accts. Is this so ?

A: Yes, if they get a judgment against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back