Eviction Grounds Can boyfriend make me and my two kids leave his home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessica01

My boyfriend asked me and my two kids to move in 7 months ago. He started an affair and now wants us to go.. I have no where to go to.. Plus, my oldest is in school. I am a stay at home mother BC I have to homeschool his daughter BC she was expelled from school. So, its been back and forth. He is using me to clean, cook, and take care of his daughter. But, when he gets his crazy moods, wants me to leave.. I want to go, feel stuck! What can I do? He is home owner.. But, surly u can't just throw your girlfriend and her kids out like garbage when your done playing..... What's your advice?!?!?! Thanks!

Find somewhere else to live. Seriously. Find a job and find somewhere else to live. Let him be responsible for his own daughter and his own problems. Like I've told my own daughter, don't be dependent on a man for your living space (in her case, it was a locker at the HS she was sharing with a soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend).

Is the father of your children paying child support? If he isn't, DHR will assist you in setting up a child support order. Of course, this will allow him to file for custody/visitation.

DHR website on Child Support:
http://www.dhr.state.al.us/page.asp?pageid=288

Link to Alabama Code on Child Custody
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/CodeOfAlabama/1975/128972.htm

My boyfriend asked me and my two kids to move in 7 months ago. He started an affair and now wants us to go.. I have no where to go to.. Plus, my oldest is in school. I am a stay at home mother BC I have to homeschool his daughter BC she was expelled from school. So, its been back and forth. He is using me to clean, cook, and take care of his daughter. But, when he gets his crazy moods, wants me to leave.. I want to go, feel stuck! What can I do? He is home owner.. But, surly u can't just throw your girlfriend and her kids out like garbage when your done playing..... What's your advice?!?!?! Thanks!

He can ask you to leave.

You can ignore him, and use the time to find a new place to squat.

If you refuse to leave, he'll have to evict you.

That process could buy you 6-8 weeks.

The mere filing of an eviction can make renting impossible for decades.

If I were you, I'd just leave.

You were given great advice by "boyzgirl", too.

His children are his responsibility.

Your children are your responsibility.

Don't allow anyone to use you.

Hold your head high, exit with dignity, even if you squat with your mom, dad, sister, brother for a few days.

You and your children need your own home.

Good luck.

Why should you get free room and board from someone you once dated but who no longer wants to be in a relationship with you? You need to move out. Forcing him to go through the legal system to evict you in going to make a much worse environment for your kids and add a ton of stress.

Actually he can. As you were told he can begin eviction process. If he does this and your evicted it will make finding a place very near impossible. Besides if its over you need to get out and move forward. Talk to family and friends see who can put you up for short period.

The bottom line is this.

While he may not, legally, be able to just throw you out with no notice, if he really wants you out sooner or later you'll be out. It may take a few weeks while he goes through the legal process, but there is no law you can invoke that is going to force him to let you stay there indefinitely if he doesn't want to. You do NOT want an eviction on your record. Find your own place and leave on your terms, not his.

Apply for gov't housing and welfare based on the split. Be up front about your situation so they only qualify you for assistance you deserve. Tell him you are making steps to get assisted housing and will move as soon as it happens.

She's in Alabama. There are all sorts of waiting lists for government housing, housing assistance....

There are usually "short lists" for those families in danger of being put out into the street. He will likely go with her and tell them when she is going to be homeless if they do not act. They will believe him. I should have clarified. The other option is a homeless shelter. Those will be filling fast with winter coming.

She's in Alabama. There are all sorts of waiting lists for government housing, housing assistance....

I hear you show up at a border patrol station, pretend you can't speak English too well, and you get some free stuff. Sweet free stuff, think Katrina and those preloaded $2,500 "free" Amex cards.

There are usually "short lists" for those families in danger of being put out into the street. He will likely go with her and tell them when she is going to be homeless if they do not act. They will believe him. I should have clarified. The other option is a homeless shelter. Those will be filling fast with winter coming.

You don't know a whole heck of a lot about Alabama, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back