Other Green Card Issue can bankruptcy or collections judgement hurt future greencard renewal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Financialadvise

Would bankruptcy or a collections judgement for credit card debt against me in court cause my renewal application for permenant residence status to be denied? I have been living in the United States for 20 years as a permenent resident and I attend college. Renewal is not for several years but I would like some hint to what to expect when I apply. I appreciate any advise you can give me and thank you for you time.

What are you waiting for to apply……………Apply for citizenship ASAP. I find myself offering advice to many who did not apply once they had GC for five years. Some of them ended up having small crimes which made them deportable or ineligible to renew their cards……..You can never tell tomorrow. You could even be a victim and wrongly accused…………before you know it, you are on your way out if you are not a citizen. I am not questioning your morals but just giving advice on what has happened to some nice people like you.

Well, bankruptcy or collections will not affect your citizenship. It is mainly criminal offences which affect your immigration statues. Bankruptcy does not make you a bad person…………It could happen to good people who lose their jobs………..So you are fine!

Anytime,............We are always ready to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back