Assault & Battery Can anyone please answer my question?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwikiwi

I live in Canada Ontario

My friend #1 was in an arguement with my friend #2, and friend #1 pushed friend #2.
friend #2 called the police right the way, police came and we stated the situation.
friend #2 didnt not charge friend #1, I wonder if friend #1 would get any criminal record?
my friend is quite worry about it

cause i know friend #2 didnt charge him, but I wanted to know what would happen if friend #1 get charged because the police didnt state if he was charged or not when they leave. Do police let the person know if they were charged?

please let me know, I'm trying to get the answer for my friend
thanks

What you describe is called "battery." Was friend #1 arrested? Was there a report filled out? A charge? If friend #2 doesn't want to prosecute then chances are it won't go anywhere. Hopefully this is no harm no foul. But nobody can tell you what is or what is not going to happen because we really are not being provided with many facts at all. Good luck to both your friends.

friend #1 was not arrested and the police didn't ask friend #1 to fill out any report.
There should not be any charge because when the police ask friend #2 if he wanted to charge friend #1 or not, friend #2 answered no.
So there shouldn't be any criminal record because there is not charge and no arrest right?

thanks you for your reply

Last edited:
Q: So there shouldn't be any criminal record because there is not charge and no arrest right?

A: I believe they have up to a year to file something against you.

Q: So there shouldn't be any criminal record because there is not charge and no arrest right?

A: I believe they have up to a year to file something against you.

So do you mean that there will be criminal record for friend #1?
I am sorry but I am confused now

So do you mean that there will be criminal record for friend #1?
I am sorry but I am confused now

I said nothing of the sort so there is no reason for you being confused.

This is not legal Advice!

I would ask friend #4 to tell Friend #3 to not worrie about friend #1 and #2 as i am sure if they do not sort themselves out, you may all be up on ADDITION AL charges. :D

Sorry about that, it was too irrisistable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back