Naturalization, Citizenship Can A Foreign National Sue A US Citizen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalNeophyte

I know a Chinese National who has been in the US for 5 years on a Work Visa who is applying for citizenship, but has not accompished that yet. QUESTION: I need to know if he can sue an American citizen in Civil Court over an apartment Security Deposit issue ($575.00) which he may not get back due to damages. He was a Virginia resident until 11-1-08 when he moved to West Chester, Pennsylvania for a new job. I was told there may be a minimum amount of time he has to reside in a particular State, County, Town, ect., before he legally could sue an American citizen. He has resided in Pennsylvania for only 48 days now. Any help with this question would be sincerely appreciated. Happy Holidays!

I'm not familiar with West Chester, but no court worth the name would have a minimum residence requirement. I doubt West Chester does.

Nor does his lack of citizenship impair his right to sue a US citizen in US courts.

Dear dee_dub,

You were nice enough to take time from your busy day to answer my question. I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate your answer and your time.

Thank you again, and I wish you and yours a safe and Happy Holiday season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back