Can A Company Beat Fraud Charges And Aboid Paying Victims Via Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
A company named ASAP (American Standard Auto Protection) Auto Warranty was created as a fake company that advertised aftermarket auto warranties. They are filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on April 6, 2018 in Brooklyn NY (not sure if this is the bankruptcy court date). Will the bankruptcy allow them to avoid fraud charges? Will the bankruptcy allow them to avoid paying back defrauded victims?

They tricked people into purchasing fake extended warranties by making false claims and they tricked people into signing fake contracts for services that never existed.

They also flooded several reputable consumer review websites with fake reviews to make their company seem as though it was a real company.

ASAP Auto Warranty paid people to answer phones and sell fake warranties to a minimum of hundreds of people. They have since been ordered to close business.

Is ASAP Auto Warranty filing bankruptcy to beat the system?

Attachments

• 4DD36942-4698-47BE-83F4-2B32D1DC0C4C.png
    4DD36942-4698-47BE-83F4-2B32D1DC0C4C.png
    247 KB · Views: 5
"How many websites are you going to go to with that question?"

How many gas stations have you been to in your car in order to keep driving?

Do you go to the same gas station every single time?

How many restaurants do you go to for food?

I have an even better question. How many times have you seen my original question and provided a helpful answer?

If I didn't send for you, don't come for me. Good day.

Is ASAP Auto Warranty filing bankruptcy to beat the system?

No one beats the system.

Corporations and people are encouraged to take matters before the various courts of this land.

If one believes he, she, it (or they) is (are) eligible to file a bankruptcy PETITION, they must meet certain standards, complete credit counseling, file the appropriate paperwork, pay the necessary fees and costs, and start the process to satisfy a federal bankruptcy trustee and federal judge.

If any creditor believe there is hanky panky, or bamboozling being committed, she, he, it, they (is) or (are) encouraged to step forward and file their claim.

There are no technicalities insofar as the criminal law is concerned, and no one beats or abuses the bankruptcy system without being subject to sanctions and criminal violations.

As far as automobile warranty scams, they aren't new.

Heck, the "419" scam is still making and milking victims.

The point is I TRUST no one but myself, and I always check me out before I do business with myself.

Imagine, IF you dare, what i do before I spend one US Dollar, much less $1,000 US Dollars, or even 100 Mexican Pesos.

Cheapskates get laughed at, but as a lifelong cheapskate, I've never been cheated, except by the IRS and various state sales tax interlopers.

That, my new friend, is the price of living in the good old uSA.

I wish you well, but please don't trust anyone until you've checked them out inside, outside, downside, upside, and all around the world.

trust, but always verify, and never hand over your cash until you've done your due diligence.

Point is, 99.99% of all living humans prevaricate.

Army Judge and AdjusterJack, why are you so down on a guy trying to help others? What is your problem?
ASAP Warranty is a true scam and the guys should be tried. But it is not so easy Army Judge for a consumer to get relief. ( Or to verify the company - as I did. I spent two days researching the company. Checking them out,inside, outside, downside, upside, and all around the world. Short of sleeping with the owners wife to squeeze out secrets, I tried everything and they were clean. These guys had a good cover story )

So now: Why throw away more money on hiring a lawyer trying to get a few thousand back? And that is what these guys are hoping for. They close shop and move on. What we need is a good class action suit to cover the victims.

Army Judge and AdjusterJack, why are you so down on a guy trying to help others? What is your problem?
ASAP Warranty is a true scam and the guys should be tried. But it is not so easy Army Judge for a consumer to get relief. ( Or to verify the company - as I did. I spent two days researching the company. Checking them out,inside, outside, downside, upside, and all around the world. Short of sleeping with the owners wife to squeeze out secrets, I tried everything and they were clean. These guys had a good cover story )

So now: Why throw away more money on hiring a lawyer trying to get a few thousand back? And that is what these guys are hoping for. They close shop and move on. What we need is a good class action suit to cover the victims.

I don't care what other people do or choose not to do.

I'm not the boss of OP, he's his own boss.

Dude posed a question or two, I responded with a couple of ideas.

For all you know, or the OP knows, I could be confined to a mental hospital for the criminally insane, posing as a legal expert while in the nude choking my little chicken while posting looney missives.

DISCLAIMER: No one on this site provides legal advice.

Legal advice can only be obtained from a lawyer a person HIES.

That said, you have no idea what a class action lawsuit does.

I'll clue you in, mate.

A class action lawsuit rewards big law firms while those affected or ruined receive $10 or $15, the law firm walks away with $500,000,000 even billions!

If you believe something is fishy, or you have any doubts about a purchase, don't make the purchase. By simply doing NOTHING, you avoid being scammed.

Auto warranties are scams, even ones that pay $20 on a $500 repair bill.

Common sense tells me, even though I'm locked away in a state facility for the CRIMINALLY INSANE, that you won't get a warranty on a 10 year old bucket of bolts with 185,000 miles, you'll only get scammed!

Not all aftermarket warranties are scams, FYI. The problem is, so many are, it's hard to find the legit companies that offer these services. I have been in the automotive business for over 17 years, and have seen plenty of aftermarket service contracts that are100% legit. (Don't ask me to name them, there are lots). I had one on a car I owned about ten years ago and it was 100% on the up and up. I fortunately never had to use it, and I got a refund for the balance when I traded the car. That being said, ASAP got my $1500. They worked hard to make it look and sound legit. My husband and I both did research before we plunked down that kind of money, and still got burned. We're not dumb people. In my almost 40 years, this is honestly the first time I've fallen victim to a scam like this, and yes, I feel pretty dumb and angry. I don't have the sort of income that allows me to buy a new vehicle every few years, or even put out a couple thousand dollars at once should my car break down. And my "bucket of bolts" is ten years old, with less than 80K miles, and runs very well because I maintain it well. You can absolutely get an extended warranty on a vehicle like that. That's like saying you can't get insurance on an older car. Having seen service contracts work properly in the past, this one seemed like a good buy. And yes, I agree, it's probably a pipe dream to think that I'll ever see that money again.

Last edited:
Back