Can a 16 yr old leave home if have job plus roommate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shond09

Ok the thing is everytime she is home the mother is never there so she leave with me all the time and by time the mom comes back we are still with each other. So after a while the mom gets tired and tries to kick the daughter out by giving her to her me. My 16 r old friend really wants to move out so Im trying to get an apartment or just anywhere we could stay. So this is my ques. Is there any danger or illegal rights that i cant do in that action as being the 18 yr old if the mom gives her daughter and actually tells my parents that she wants her daughter to live with me???

Last edited:
What state is this?

How old are you?

Are you a boyfriend or lover?

If the girl's mom says it is okay for her to stay with some other adults, and assuming there is no other illegal activity (like underage sex) going on, then iot's legal ... though mom would retain all LEGAL responsibility (and liability) for the child.

- Carl

This is in Chicago i am 18 i am both and the mom already knows about the loving part and put her on birth control

This is in Chicago, i am 18, i am both the boyfriend and the lover and the mom already knows about the loving part and put her on birth control

This is in Chicago, i am 18, i am both the boyfriend and the lover and the mom already knows about the loving part and put her on birth control
Then you, her mom, and your parents are committing crimes by permitting the relationship. If child services catches wind of this, she will be removed from mom's care and people will likely go to jail.

The age of consent is 17 in Illinois, and there is NO requirement that mom or the daughter (your girlfriend) want to pursue charges. Once this gets out, everyone with knowledge and permitting the activity can get sent to the slammer. I am not sure if such a conviction would make you a sex registrant in IL, but it might ... you really want that?

I know you aren't going to care whether I say it's illegal or not and you will go ahead and have relations anyway, but understand you risk jail time as does any adult who permits it.

- Carl

Aw ok i c where u coming from thanks for the advice and ill c what i can do to prevent from going to the slammer:)

Another ques, so what can i do? How about if my gf lives with my older sister which is 30 if the mom wants her really gone for sure???

If you are just trying to find a way to have relations with her, DON'T!!!

If her life is that bad, call social services. But, at 16, if her mom is out late, I suspect she'll survive. When she's 17, and her mom has no problem with her staying out, you two can play house and hope that no baby results. When she's 18, the two of you can shack up or get married, or whatever ... though odds are the relationship won't last that long, but you never know.

I am sure she has other options for people to stay with than to stay with folks that will make it easy for the two of you to hook up. Honestly, you are not considering what is best for HER, but what you think is going to be fun for you. Playing house while she is still in high school is not good for her.

- Carl

I know when my brother comes back on the third of oct. its a for sure thing that he will hool me up with one so im not really worried about that

You need your brother to help you get a job? Can't you get one yourself?

Things have sure changed since I was a kid ...

- Carl

If you are just trying to find a way to have relations with her, DON'T!!!

If her life is that bad, call social services. But, at 16, if her mom is out late, I suspect she'll survive. When she's 17, and her mom has no problem with her staying out, you two can play house and hope that no baby results. When she's 18, the two of you can shack up or get married, or whatever ... though odds are the relationship won't last that long, but you never know.

I am sure she has other options for people to stay with than to stay with folks that will make it easy for the two of you to hook up. Honestly, you are not considering what is best for HER, but what you think is going to be fun for you. Playing house while she is still in high school is not good for her.

- Carl

Yea the mom comes from work at 2am but when the mom dnt go to work they argue lik real cats and dogs its rediculous and my gf needs a place to stay plus her mom is not supporting my gf in any kind of way and always take the lil money my gf has when my gf do gets it man i havent even told half of the story im not trying to be selfish but just to get my girl in a better place u kno

If it's bad, call the authorities. There is no great surprise that a teen argues with mom.

And you say mom doesn't support her? Okay, whose home do they live in? Does mom have a job? Buy food? Pay for power, clothes etc.? Even if her daughter pays for some of those things, it hardly constitutes abuse or neglect.

Right now, you have not shown ANYTHING that indicates that this about her being legally neglected, and everything about your wanting to play house.

You each have a lot of growing to do ... tend to your own lives before you try to make one together. Two messed up lives do not create a solid foundation for a relationship - only for hardship and heartache.

- Carl

He isnt going to listen to anything that doesnt involve him partaking in "Forbidden Fruit"
I suspect you're right.

All we can do is pray that they both come to their senses before they begin the downward spiral (which, all too often, involves the police).

- carl

They Live In A Apartment The Mom Is Gone All Day, I Take Her Out To Eat Cuz They Dnt Have Nothing At Their House And She Hasnt Been Shoping Since Idk When But Ok Im Listenin To The Advice In Not Here To Argue Or Prove U Wrong Cuz I Kno U Kno What Ur Talking About And Its Not Always About Sex Sex Sex!!! Thats Y Im Here For So I Could Know What To Do Cuz If I Did Already Then We Wouldnt B Talking Right Now But Ok Thanks For The Advice And If I Have Any Other Ques Then I Will Difinately Post It Cuz I Do See I Have Some Ppl To Count On To Lead Me To The Right Path Thanks For Everything I Really Appreciate It.

Heres your advice and the only reasonable you need. End the relationship totally until shes age of consent. Her problems at home are not yours to solve. Any of your suggested actions I can promise you will lead to more problems than she has now and you as well. If shes abused or neglected then CPS should be called. That sit you are walking a thin line that can and will likely ruin your life at worst or destroy your life's goals. Thats legal and Motherly advice from some much older and wiser than you:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back