Cams not been paid .

Status
Not open for further replies.

lourdetn

I have a commercial property with 5 suites. I lease one space to a group o three hairdressers for 5 years, when they sign the contract i make them aware of the common expenses and property taxes on the suite need it to be paid once a year.= i bill them the first year and they reinburse me for it withouth a problem,... The problem is they have been payin the rent always in time,... But i didn't bill them for the follow 3 years for the common expenses till last december,.... They felt i little bit insulted for the invoices i turn to them for those expenses, telling me that it was three years and that was going to be hard on them,.... I said to them that we can talk about it, and we just need it to have a meeting and talk about it .,. I have send already a letter to them asking or a meeting and resolve the issue, ... Withouth any respond from their side,... Their contracat is going to be due on june of athis year and i have the feeling that all what they are doing is time to get tothe end and not pay or the expenses i have done and keep doing every month (water and maint. Of the common areas).... What can i do about it?

I have a commercial property with 5 suites. I lease one space to a group o three hairdressers for 5 years, when they sign the contract i make them aware of the common expenses and property taxes on the suite need it to be paid once a year.= i bill them the first year and they reinburse me for it withouth a problem,... The problem is they have been payin the rent always in time,... But i didn't bill them for the follow 3 years for the common expenses till last december,.... They felt i little bit insulted for the invoices i turn to them for those expenses, telling me that it was three years and that was going to be hard on them,.... I said to them that we can talk about it, and we just need it to have a meeting and talk about it .,. I have send already a letter to them asking or a meeting and resolve the issue, ... Withouth any respond from their side,... Their contracat is going to be due on june of athis year and i have the feeling that all what they are doing is time to get tothe end and not pay or the expenses i have done and keep doing every month (water and maint. Of the common areas).... What can i do about it?

You may have made them aware of the charges, but if it isn't in their lease, they don't owe it!!!

But, it gets worse than that for you.

If it isn't in their lease, you can't collect it.

Read the lease, and see what the lease says.

You also need to know, that you could be barred by the statute of limitations in this matter.

It will be very hard, if not impossible, to collect a three year old debt; even if it is in their lease.

Your failure to assert the right to assess this charge for three years, might even make it impossible to collect, even if you brought an eviction action.

Don't bother posting the lease, your best bet is to read their lease and consult with your attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back