1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Bypassing a weight station with empty trailer

Discussion in 'Speeding Tickets, Traffic & Moving Violations' started by Jaleisa07, May 9, 2017.

1. Jaleisa07

Jaleisa07 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Mississippi
    Hello
    I just started driving CMV solo and I was totally confused when DOT stopped me for passing the weight station. I told him I honestly did not know that I was supposed to stop with an empty trailer. He told me to turn around and return to the inspection station and I did. He began to write up the report and told me to sign it. The ticket said failure to stop at inspection station and I said I did not know I had to stop so failure was not a good term to use. After I received my ticket, he laughed and said "I got another for not stopping" I turned around and said this is not a joke I could get terminated from my job with this this ticket and he said "well" and walked off. This was very unprofessional and rude when DOT brag about giving out tickets and laughing about the situation. This is my first citation and I need help getting this ticket reduced or dismissed. Also, something needs to be done about DOT remarks to me... Please help thank u

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Do you believe the officer will admit to your claims, even if he/she said them?

As far as the ticket, one is usually enough to get you fired these days.

Two is an almost guaranteed termination.

I suggest you hire yourself a lawyer licensed to practice in MS.

A good lawyer can sometimes make impossible predicaments mysteriously disappear.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

if you are a licensed commercial driver I don't know how you could not know about the requirement to stop.
    Regardless, whether you know of the law or not, if you violate it you are still responsible.

The only thing I see for you to do is to make a formal complaint in writing to the department regarding way you perceived as unprofessional conduct of the officer.

4. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

Exactly. How are the authorities supposed to know you have an empty trailer?

I never heard such foolishness from a CDL holder.

Disabled Vet likes this.
  5. Disabled Vet

Disabled Vet Active Member

Everything he stated was correct..... He did get another one. YOU.... Everyone knows that your suppose to stop at ALL inspection/weight stations. Lesson learned.

6. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

There are unprofessional people in every job. You did fail to stop and you should know that you had to stop. Ignorance isn't going to get you out of it.

7. Jaleisa07

I got the ticket dismissed...so now u sound foolish u asshole!!

8. Jaleisa07

Acting ignorant got my ticket dismissed..so now u know that

9. Jaleisa07

I don't give a fuck what he said now...I got the ticket dismissed... Now YOU learned a lesson!!

10. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

We don't know why it was dismissed or even if it really was.

I hope I get to stop you one day. Should be fun.

army judge likes this.
  11. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

When I got my 6 speeding tickets, 4 DUIs, 5 reckless driving charges, and 3 evading/eluding the police charges dismissed; the judge kissed me, then handed me a check for $75,000.

Man, did I get over. ;)

12. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

Are you like five or something? Way to be mature about it. Don't expect that ignorance to pay off on you every time.