Bypassing a weight station with empty trailer

Jaleisa07

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
Hello
I just started driving CMV solo and I was totally confused when DOT stopped me for passing the weight station. I told him I honestly did not know that I was supposed to stop with an empty trailer. He told me to turn around and return to the inspection station and I did. He began to write up the report and told me to sign it. The ticket said failure to stop at inspection station and I said I did not know I had to stop so failure was not a good term to use. After I received my ticket, he laughed and said "I got another for not stopping" I turned around and said this is not a joke I could get terminated from my job with this this ticket and he said "well" and walked off. This was very unprofessional and rude when DOT brag about giving out tickets and laughing about the situation. This is my first citation and I need help getting this ticket reduced or dismissed. Also, something needs to be done about DOT remarks to me... Please help thank u

Hello
I just started driving CMV solo and I was totally confused when DOT stopped me for passing the weight station. I told him I honestly did not know that I was supposed to stop with an empty trailer. He told me to turn around and return to the inspection station and I did. He began to write up the report and told me to sign it. The ticket said failure to stop at inspection station and I said I did not know I had to stop so failure was not a good term to use. After I received my ticket, he laughed and said "I got another for not stopping" I turned around and said this is not a joke I could get terminated from my job with this this ticket and he said "well" and walked off. This was very unprofessional and rude when DOT brag about giving out tickets and laughing about the situation. This is my first citation and I need help getting this ticket reduced or dismissed. Also, something needs to be done about DOT remarks to me... Please help thank u

Do you believe the officer will admit to your claims, even if he/she said them?

As far as the ticket, one is usually enough to get you fired these days.

Two is an almost guaranteed termination.

I suggest you hire yourself a lawyer licensed to practice in MS.

A good lawyer can sometimes make impossible predicaments mysteriously disappear.

if you are a licensed commercial driver I don't know how you could not know about the requirement to stop.
Regardless, whether you know of the law or not, if you violate it you are still responsible.

The only thing I see for you to do is to make a formal complaint in writing to the department regarding way you perceived as unprofessional conduct of the officer.

Everything he stated was correct..... He did get another one. YOU.... Everyone knows that your suppose to stop at ALL inspection/weight stations. Lesson learned.

Hello

There are unprofessional people in every job. You did fail to stop and you should know that you had to stop. Ignorance isn't going to get you out of it.

When I got my 6 speeding tickets, 4 DUIs, 5 reckless driving charges, and 3 evading/eluding the police charges dismissed; the judge kissed me, then handed me a check for $75,000.

Man, did I get over. ;)

Back