Buying Used Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJjerseygirl

I just purchased a used car from a dealer last week. I took it in as it said the engine was in failsafemode. Took it back to the used car dealer they checked it out and it needs a part thats about $1100.00. Are they responible for this or is the bumper-to-bumper warranty I purchased with the car responible? Also if neither is what happens since I also traded it my old car and it is no longer at the dealers lot?:confused:

You will have to read over the terms of your warranty to know for sure. However, if you purchased a bumper to bumper warranty and there is a failure with the engine or drivetrain, you are likely covered. Know the terms of the warranty before agreeing to any repairs, that way you don't get hosed.

What does the "engine was in failsafemode" mean? Used cars are sold "as is." The minute you drive off the lot you are on your own. It doesn't matter if your old car is there or not, the deal is over and you can't reverse it.

Now the warranty is a good thing. There will no doubt be some fine print that will limit their liabilities but your warranty should cover your problem. Make a claim and see what happens. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back