Buying My Moms property from medicare

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy1946

I have problem concerning My Mom home in Ohio, she is now on medicaid (and is in a rest home) and according to the Law neither she or I can keep it. Due to the fact the way she had the deed to the home places set up. She had it in a surviers Deed and according to the Lawer for the State even tho I have been on the Deed for over seven years they have stated that I have no leagal claim or onwership. According to the state of Ohio I have to sell the place or place it in the hands of an agent by June 1st of this year. That wouldn't be a problem but here is where I stand I do not want to lose the the old home place. How can I buy the property?
Do I have to get an realestate agent or can I buy it from the State? I'm really no sure how this can be accomplished.

I think you should talk to an attorney about this. I don't want to do the research it would take to answer this sort of question, but my gut tells me that you have at least a 50% ownership in the place and that they either have to let you buy out the other half or at least you get 50% of the proceeds. Talk to an attorney. I think you are being bullied by the bureaucrats. God help us if Obamacare passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back