Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse busted w/marijuana last weekend - still haven't received ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdogg

I was caught with marijuana last weekend and the officer was called somewhere else. Before he left he said he would come back the next day at 8pm and give me 2 $600 possession tickets. He never showed up and I haven't heard anything from the police. Does this mean nothing will happen or should I still be worried about this? How long do the police have to give me a ticket (if there is a time limit)?

It is possible my rights may have been violated and I am thinking that is why I haven't heard anything. It is a long story what happened but if someone wants to know I will be glad to post it. I already spoke with an attorney and he said to call him back when I receive the ticket(s). I haven't received anything yet so I didn't call him back. He said my rights may have been violated but the police would likely lie and say they smelled marijuana for probable cause.

I live in Wisconsin by the way.

Last edited:
Here is an update if anyone is reading this. Yesterday an officer came over and basically told me I would probably be going to jail if I didn't make a controlled buy for them. I made it perfectly clear that I didn't care what they were threatening me with, I will not turn anyone in. He then said he would talk to his boss and try to get it dropped to a couple citations but that it isn't his decision.

I got home from work tonight and there were two citations in the door, both for $375. Both said I am not required to appear in court. That just proves what I knew, they were just trying to scare me into giving people up.

My question is if the penalty for both ordinances that I violated is $200 why are my citations for $375 each (one for possession one for paraphernalia)? Should I talk to an attorney about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back