Consumer Law, Warranties Business Suffered from Breach of Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malanie

I need advice on the steps to take to locate and suit a former business associate for breach of contract, lost revenue of over $10,000. I contracted a company Through Elance and online networking service to complete a website for my business.
The company InternetArmy. Inc's owner Jeremy Wilson had kept in contact fairly well until the last payment for the completed project was due. He delayed the completion of the project a month saying the company was moving offices. Then he asked if I could send the last payment prior to his completing the project so that he would have the funds to pay overtime to get it completed. After a heated disagreement on the lack of professionalism and etc, I declined payment and he stopped returning my call.

I made payments by Credit card checks in hopes to secure stopping payment or filing a contract breach for bank to go after the money for breach of contract. They ofcourse said the checks are considered cash so there was nothing the could do to retrieve the money from the person who cashed it. I filed a report with the bank but it was to no avail. I also contacted the company Elance who essential said that they could not held accountable for company non completion of project and they could not provide any company information unless a lawsuit was pending.

I have managed to find some onlne webboard messages from former employees of Internet army who are suing for not being paid either.

Unfortunately, It has been over a year now the business has folded with out the website, the lost of the initial investment, and the other business expenses.

I only know that The business is registered in Delaware, however, the owner Jeremy Wilson lives in Arizona.

How do I find enough information to file a lawsuit to recoop the money from him???
What should I do next????

Name: Jeremy Wilson
City: Glendale
State: Arizona
Phone: 818-299-9230

Telephone: (818)299-9230
E-mail: jwilson@internetarmy.net - Both sites no longer working
http://www.team-site.com

©1999-2005 www.jeremywilson.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back