Consumer Law, Warranties Business practice - Competition law? Monopoly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimgiang

Hello,

I'm currently live in California and I have a online business selling a product. My situation is that the majority of my products comes from Company XYZ who is a sole distributor for North America, meaning there is no way i can get the product directly from the manufacturer. They have opened up a online retail website selling the exact same items to consumers for next to wholesale cost which in turn has eliminated many of the other online retailer who also buys from them.

Now is there a law against a sole distributor wholesaling and retail the same product? With them being the sole distributor doing both wholesale/retail in other words double dipping into the market which they do not offer a competitive wholesale price for any retailers to even buy to resell for a profit. I'm pretty much pinned up against the wall because I can not go around them and buy from the manufacturer because Company XYZ has exclusive rights to distribute in North America. Obviously, the manufacturer would not help someone like me and harm their "biggest" distributor. However, if I'm going to be taken out by such dirty acts I plan to see if there is any legal action i can take on my part.

I do have proof that the retail website is own by Company XYZ. I have been done some research in regards to antitrust law, Predatory pricing, and Sherman and Clayton Acts. I'm just very frustrated about this situation which i consider a monopoly. Is there any advice anyone can assist me so i can better understand before i consult with a lawyer.

Please realize i'm using this post to better understand my situation before i talk to a lawyer its just from my past experience the lawyers i have come across seem to talk a foreign language and talk like a 1000 words per second and for me to just getting lost and confused.

Last edited:
Just because there is one distributor for a product doesn't mean there is a "monopoly" nor one that falls under the Sherman Act. For example, let's say Dyson wants to sell their vacuum cleaning devices through one distributor - is there a reason they cannot do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back