Business Account Garnishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly_Thomas

I have a small business. A company placed a garnishment against my account without my knowlede. Before the garnishment could go into affect (as I later found out) I called the company to make payment arrangements. That arrangement was agreed upon. Three days later and seven days before the garnishment was to take hold monies were taken from the account. I called and asked for a release that was agreed upon and I received a faxed signed copy of the release the next day. Monies continued to to be taken from the account. I called and made the report after one of their associates called to demand payment. I explained the situation and again an agreement was reached. The next day more money came out of that account. Then the boss called and demanded payment. I told him that he already had all of the money plus some extra. I then faxed all the garnishment receipts to the collectors. Three days later another phone call came to my office informing me that the bank was holding the money. Mind you that money is not in my account. The bank told me it was not my problem that it was something that they may have done. I want to know what my options are and do I have a chance at getting the money back.

Honestly, it's difficult to understand what is going on here. First of all, is your business incorporated or run by yourself without any real paperwork (sole proprietorship)? Is the bank account in the company's name or yours? How does garnishment of wages come into the picture? Additionally, if you had a settlement, for example to pay $700 total for forgiveness of the account, how can they continue to take money and why would you agree to a second agreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back