BUSHING LAW AND LEMON LAW

CoynorC

Jurisdiction
Washington
I went in on Saturday the 5th and signed paperwork and gave a $2000 downpayment on my 2015 Buick Encore and got full insurance and got a payment amount arranged monthly. I took the car home that day everything was finalized and good to go. Never heard a word from them. A full week later today Saturday the 12th the car salesman I worked with called and told me that I need to bring the car back that the bank changed their mind and didn't want to finance me anymore. By law/RCW 46.70.180 under the consumer protection act legally they have 4 days to let you know if the bank changes there decision now after 7 days they want it back. I have all the paperwork. What happens now ?

If I were you, I'd return the automobile.

The bank won't finance you.

If you don't return the car, bad things, very bad things could happen to you, irrespective of some alleged state civil statute.

Agree.

Either take the car back and get your $2000 or find your own financing and bring a check for the balance, if you can get your own financing.

Beware of the dealer trying to keep your $2000 and putting you in another, cheaper, vehicle. Don't hand over the keys without your $2000 in hand.

By law/RCW 46.70.180 under the consumer protection act legally they have 4 days to let you know if the bank changes there decision now after 7 days they want it back. I have all the paperwork. What happens now ?

Does your contract state otherwise? it is not uncommon for a dealer to have 2-4 weeks to obtain financing. There is nothing unusual about your situation. You can still try and obtain financing from another source if you want to keep the vehicle- you just aren't going to get financed through the dealer.

Back