Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Burgery

tacklin1

Jurisdiction
Florida
Someone is saying I stoled her necklace and pawned it. I did Pawn a necklace but it was mine!! Police told me they were getting a warrent for my arrest! Please advise-- help
Thank you , Therese Gorman

Someone is saying I stoled her necklace and pawned it. I did Pawn a necklace but it was mine!! Police told me they were getting a warrent for my arrest! Please advise-- help
Thank you , Therese Gorman

You must help yourself.
If the police have advised you that a warrant for your arrest is to be obtained, you wait.
When the police arrive with said warrant in hand, you cooperate, be polite, but remain silent.

You have the right not to further incriminate yourself, so don't explain, simply say if asked to speak about the INCIDENT, "Sorry, I want a lawyer, and must remain silent until I see one."

Then, no matter what the police say or do, DON'T DISCUSS ANY ASPECT OF THE INCIDENT, OR ANYTHING YOU DID OR DIDN'T DO PURSUANT TO THE EVENT.

You must help yourself.
If the police have advised you that a warrant for your arrest is to be obtained, you wait.
When the police arrive with said warrant in hand, you cooperate, be polite, but remain silent.

You have the right not to further incriminate yourself, so don't explain, simply say if asked to speak about the INCIDENT, "Sorry, I want a lawyer, and must remain silent until I see one."

Then, no matter what the police say or do, DON'T DISCUSS ANY ASPECT OF THE INCIDENT, OR ANYTHING YOU DID OR DIDN'T DO PURSUANT TO THE EVENT.
Thank you for the advise. Can they put me in jail? I am scared to death. How long could it take for them to get a warrant? Therese Gorman

Thank you for the advise. Can they put me in jail? I am scared to death. How long could it take for them to get a warrant? Therese Gorman

Tonight, as in right now, call a couple of local bail bonding agencies.
Ask how much would it cost to arrange bond for burglary.
Ask what is needed to bond you out, as you expect to get arrested.
You can normally bond out immediately after you're booked, if you make arrangements before you're arrested and booked.

Yes, if the police obtain a warrant, someone gets arrested.
No need to be afraid, just get prepared.

If the bond is $1,000, but you have $200, not to fear.
You'll see a judge the morning after your arrest.
In some cases, you see the judge sooner.
If this is your first criminal problem, you'll be offered other ways to get out normally on your signature and promise to appear in court as directed.

Relax, no need to be afraid now.
Now is the time to be prepared for what's coming.

If you truly didn't steal the necklace don't worry. They wont likely have the information necessary to get a warrant.
Sometimes the threat of a warrant is used to get more information from you if you are being dishonest. It doesn't mean they will follow through.
If you have any evidence of ownership such as old photos you'd do well to dig those up and keep them handy just in case.

Back