Bug reports here for the new theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys... hope you enjoy the new look of the site and the forum. We still haven't completed everything yet... but we're close! Let us know what works, what doesn't, what you like, what you don't like. :)

The behavior and appearance from Tapatalk is a bit different than from the Internet using a web browser.

I'm still making up my mind about the facelift. So far, I don't see any improvements. I'm wondering what drove the effort. Maybe, you might let users choose what works best for each person? Is there an option, something like a skin?

As JG said, new posts are difficult to find. It can be done, but perhaps it could be the default.

The behavior and appearance from Tapatalk is a bit different than from the Internet using a web browser.
How is it different? I am in touch with those guys - is there a problem?

I'm still making up my mind about the facelift. So far, I don't see any improvements. I'm wondering what drove the effort. Maybe, you might let users choose what works best for each person? Is there an option, something like a skin?
I'll have the old one reconverted shortly as well. The header is what will stay. As far as the improvements, you'll see that the entire site will offer a few new things as well as a consolidated menu system and login system, support, etc.

As JG said, new posts are difficult to find. It can be done, but perhaps it could be the default.
I realize what you guys want most - thanks. It has been added right back into the menu bar. Other items have been consolidated into their own menus (forums for forum functions, blogs for blog functions, etc.)

There will be a lot of positive new features you'll see shortly. Thanks for the feedback.

I have also changed the system back to the "subforum" look so that the long list of forums is now reduced to a more condensed list. I will be making the font size a little larger as well so that it is easier to read. Please keep the comments coming.

How is it different? I am in touch with those guys - is there a problem?

No, Professor, no problem with TapaTalk at all. In fact, the appearance of the forum on TapaTalk doesn't appear to have changed.
That's a plus, especially with smart phones.
I use my on iPhone 4, so I'm very happy with what didn't happen on TapaTalk.

I'll have the old one reconverted shortly as well. The header is what will stay. As far as the improvements, you'll see that the entire site will offer a few new things as well as a consolidated menu system and login system, support, etc.
What I don't see are the badges and awards. Uers spent time and effort earning them. Are they coming back? Or, did they fall through the cracks?

I realize what you guys want most - thanks. It has been added right back into the menu bar. Other items have been consolidated into their own menus (forums for forum functions, blogs for blog functions, etc.)

Professor, another good move. Okay, I'm beginning to get used to he new look!

I have also changed the system back to the "subforum" look so that the long list of forums is now reduced to a more condensed list. I will be making the font size a little larger as well so that it is easier to read. Please keep the comments coming.

Professor, I've observed that. Good move. Things are looking better! Keep It Simple, Sir (KISS)!

Ok but they will still show up! New posts would be anything new sinc elast log in and todays would be well today. Its still same thing pretty much. If you just have "new posts" that covers both. By the way I am not getting emails for subcribes threads

Ok but they will still show up! New posts would be anything new sinc elast log in and todays would be well today. Its still same thing pretty much. If you just have "new posts" that covers both. By the way I am not getting emails for subcribes threads

I will check this out, thanks.

1. I am changing the reply buttons back to the way they were. It won't take too long to do. The benefit of having the "quick reply" button (which will have a larger area to type) is that you don't need to load another page just to reply. It's a huge benefit and will save you much time.

2. Badges and Awards - everything is coming back and you'll love the new stuff. I have just taken some time to update the entire forum and deal with the most critical elements first. No data has been lost, it just needs to be updated... done by tonight.

3. For those of you with an iPhone or Android Google phone... a new app is about to be released. I think you'll love it! :D

4. For those of you without Tapatalk, which is awesome and I highly recommend it, a brand new and improved mobile style is about to be released. :)

5. Some additional changes are being made to the forum tonight, some cosmetic, some under the hood for optimization. This will include making the subforum font larger on the home page, a quick access to all the forums as a dropdown, revision of some of the forums to include subforums you'd expect since the board is growing quickly, e.g. commercial versus residential real estate issues.

6. Facebook connect is being implemented tonight! You'll have a bunch of other options that will be added as well that will make this place even more fun and connected to social media.

And I'm not done yet... :D Stay tuned.... thanks for the comments, keep them coming.

This is fixed. Other items being added now. This was a biggie.

1. Badges, awards and activity is back. In fact, if you take a look today, you'll see a menu item for top active people on the forum and soon on the site. It's pretty neat. :)

2. I'm going to keep the reply buttons mostly as they are but might add an "extended" reply button for the smilies, etc., the same button as you used to have. Right now if you double click the reply button you get the "extended" page with the full wysiwyg menu. This will go up today.

3. Spam reduction has been installed again as are a few other administrative enhancements.

4. The mobile theme is currently being installed. Tapatalk is still the preferred method of access, which is fantastic.

5. Facebook implementation is currently ongoing and is being tested.

6. Social media buttons and bookmarks are going to be added shortly.

7. Speed and forum response is the current #1 priority. I'm hoping you'll see a significant speed up within the next 24 hours. Please let me know if the site is responding slowly for you as we continue to optimize.

The forum is slow because of intense database activity reindexing all of the awards. I apologize for the slower than normal activity. However, enjoy the beautiful new user profiles which will be able to be more customized to your liking as well.

For army judge, who was hoping we didn't lose the awards, check out your profile section for "Forum Points" - that will be changed to a different name. You'll see all your activity and latest awards. :) As I mentioned, many new things are coming over the next 2 weeks and they will be notable... hopefully making this site one of the most enjoyable around. :D

looks good to me, anything new takes a couple of weeks to get used to.

One thing I have noticed is in top right. There are links to sign in or register. This suggest one isnt signed in. However if I look a few lines down I can see I am signed in. A couple times I thought I needed to sign in when I was

The Find Lawyers and the New Posts are too close together. Can't tell you the number of times my clicker finger has gotten me to looking for a lawyer when I don't want one.:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back