Brothers not allowing me to see will and all legal paper works/insurance

oubegood

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Greeting : my name is john Price My mother died on 11 -25 -2016 , my oldest brother was power of attorney and put my mom in a home where after 3 years has passed . i have always had bad relationships with the 3 brother so i was alway's odd man out and never shared any advice or goings on in anything . My brother ron was also named as excetor of will . I seen the will one time and it stated my daughter would get my mothers wedding ring in the will and at the funeral my 3 brothers decided to bury my mother with the ring and didn't tell me about it till she was buried .Also there is insurance and they will not let me know anything .I don't know who filed the will or anything ,i did check probate court and it is not in court and i found out it was set up so they didn't have to go to court . how do i find and get to read a copy of the will and what can i do about the ring ? also the oldest brother just called me and told me the house was sold and it is a survivor ship and they need me to sign some paper work so they can sell it . i dont want to sell it until i know everything that was in the will and find out all the details .what do i do ?

Well, certainly don't sign anything until you are satisfied that all is legit.

Honestly, I would setup a consultation with a local probate attorney and discuss the details with him. Even if you have to pay for the consultation it would be worthwhile, so you know exactly where you stand.

they need me to sign some paper work so they can sell it . i dont want to sell it until i know everything that was in the will and find out all the details .what do i do ?

Isn't it obvious?

If they can't sell it without your signature, that gives you all the leverage in the world to demand the will or trust or any other paperwork and insurance and make sure you get your share of the pie.

I agree with the idea of hiring your own probate attorney if the stakes are big enough. An attorney will know what to ask for and what to look for to protect your interests. They won't be able to BS an attorney like they'd BS you.

Back