Breaking a Lease Broken lease help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontiveros

I've been living in a duplex since February 2013 I have been paying my rent until December 2013 I've noticed a mice in my home I informed my realtor twice pest control went out twice and the mice was still in my home I moved out the home I informed the realtor and she said my grass was over grossly grown that's where the mice came from I had neighbors that where filthy they had a black dog in the backyard that every time I would try to cut my yard the dog would try to jump the fence and the realtor does inspections on our homes she said the neighbors where filthy I told her that's where the mice came from and it was her responsibility to have informed them of their home how can I resolve this from getting a broken lease I have pictures of the mice the droppings in my dishes pictures of how the neighbors lived. Please help

It's really not going to matter too much at this point; the landlord/realtor will start eviction proceedings and you'll end up with a serious ding on your rental history and credit report.

The correct course of action would be letting the landlord/realtor know via CCCR mail, and placing any withheld rent in an escrow account.

Thanks and even if the duplex was not safe to live in due to the mice and the droppings in my kitchen?

You could have hired an exterminator.

Mice don't necessarily make the home UNSAFE.

You need to LOOK before you LEAP.

The realtor did get pest control twice and the mice was still in the home so if they want their rent on time they should do their job and eliminate the mice!

The correct course of action would be letting the landlord/realtor know via CCCR mail, and placing any withheld rent in an escrow account.

I believe Proserpina meant CRRR - Certified Return Receipt Requested.

The realtor did get pest control twice and the mice was still in the home so if they want their rent on time they should do their job and eliminate the mice!

Frankly, I don't care if you ever pay your rent, or if the hovel is infested with 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 mice.

You could have hired the exterminator and attempted to offset your rent with the charges you paid the exterminator.

Barring a negotiated offset, you could have sued the landlord in small claims court.

But, once these issues begin, its best to just move out.

Now, you'll find it very difficult to ever rent again.

Good luck.....

That's not how it works.

You don't get to hold the landlord hostage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back