Break up and personal property

R

Rachupacabra

Jurisdiction
Idaho
My boyfriend and I recently broke up. We lived together fo 4 years. I moved out this weekend, and I took all of my personal belongings that were mine prior to moving in. A year ago he bought a computer as a gift to me, $1100. He rarely used it, I use it all of the time. He text me before moving out and said that I need to leave the computer, or pay him $1100. I don't feel like I should have to pay for something he gave to me, but to avoid a fight I left him $600, I left him an Apple Watch that is brand new, I left him my iPad and I left him our old computer that works just fine.

Yesterday he was in a frenzy harassing my friends and family saying I needed to bring the computer back, he didn't want money, he wanted the computer. He first said he would take to small claims Court. Which is fine I'm confident I would win. He then started calling the sheriffs department to try to have me arrested for grand theft. Can that happen? Did I commit a crime?

I have no idea why he is acting this way it's complete insanity. I know it would just be easier to give it back to him but it's mine he gave it to me and I'm done doing things his way just because he wants it done. What should I do? Is this something that will only be handled in small claims or could he take it further?

He can call the cops all he wants. If they come talk to you don't answer anything and talk to a lawyer. He can take you to small claims but it doesn't really matter.

Honestly I'd just give him that laptop and take the other crap you left. If the old computer works use it. Unless that laptop is worth the headache.

Back