Breach of Contract

Cary C.

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I drove for a company out of Menagha MN. I live in FL and I was an owner operator purchasing a truck (which I have a purchase contract for) from one company that is in contract to another company that I was leased onto (which I also have a lease on agreement with) for the loads etc. All my truck payments, maintenance, any and all fees have always been paid on time. About a month ago I made a facebook post talking about my personal life about how unhappy I am being away from home for basically minimum wage and never being able to see my wife. I never once mentioned the company name nor the persons name I am leased onto. My wife also requested a bill via email for a repair that I paid for and the owner of the company was very snarky about sending it to her even though she had had it for at least a couple weeks and had previously stated to me on multiple occasions that she would send it to my wife via email but hadn't done so. The next morning I received a termination letter stating that I was terminated due to public defamation on social media multiple times (which I have never mentioned the company or owners name, only complained about what I am feeling at that present time in my personal life), consumption of alcohol in the company truck (which was my truck I was in the process of purchasing) during a 34 hour restart dated 9/6/15 which is a complete falsehood as I did not have any alcohol in or around the truck or any other where for that matter, as well as email correspondence that she didn't like which was made by my wife who is not employed through them. At that time, I was ordered to return the truck, which as I stated above I had been making constant payments on and have followed my end of both contracts to their fullest. I have returned the truck in the timely manner on which I was given.

She put me at a complete loss on what to do literally being stranded in MN with no money and no way to get home to FL with all my belongings and my 2 dogs that run with me. This whole false termination really threw me for a loop all because I didn't answer the phone at night when I had to be up in a few hours to deliver my load and her being mad that my wife asked for the bill for the repairs that I just paid for. The reasons I was terminated were complete lies and out of spite as she does not like my wife as she has caught her in many lies and errors on the settlement statements, both good and bad to both parties and has had her correct them. I have talked to Ooida and they strongly believe I have a case, just the fact of falsely accusing me of drinking in the truck alone can ruin my driving career. Do I have a false termination case and / or a loss of revenue, loss of what I have paid for the truck along with what I have into the truck including maintenance, repairs, etc? I have lost thousands from the purchase of the truck as well as thousands in lost revenue.

Due to the way they (the company I was driving for plus the company I was purchasing the truck from) left us financially we are in need of a lawyer that can do this by contingency. I have contacted over a dozen attorneys and most have told me that it is to complicated of a case for them when they claim that they specialize in this type of suit.

Is there any suggestions to help me move forward? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you, Cary C.

Due to the way they (the company I was driving for plus the company I was purchasing the truck from) left us financially we are in need of a lawyer that can do this by contingency. I have contacted over a dozen attorneys and most have told me that it is to complicated of a case for them when they claim that they specialize in this type of suit.

Whether you have a case or not depends on the terms and conditions of your contract.

Unfortunately, these types of cases are difficult and expensive to pursue and lawyers aren't likely to do them without money up front.

Those lawyers that specialize in this type of suit are telling you exactly that when they tell you it's too complicated for them.

I drove for a company out of Menagha MN. I live in FL and I was an owner operator purchasing a truck (which I have a purchase contract for) from one company that is in contract to another company that I was leased onto (which I also have a lease on agreement with) for the loads etc. All my truck payments, maintenance, any and all fees have always been paid on time. About a month ago I made a facebook post talking about my personal life about how unhappy I am being away from home for basically minimum wage and never being able to see my wife. I never once mentioned the company name nor the persons name I am leased onto. My wife also requested a bill via email for a repair that I paid for and the owner of the company was very snarky about sending it to her even though she had had it for at least a couple weeks and had previously stated to me on multiple occasions that she would send it to my wife via email but hadn't done so. The next morning I received a termination letter stating that I was terminated due to public defamation on social media multiple times (which I have never mentioned the company or owners name, only complained about what I am feeling at that present time in my personal life), consumption of alcohol in the company truck (which was my truck I was in the process of purchasing) during a 34 hour restart dated 9/6/15 which is a complete falsehood as I did not have any alcohol in or around the truck or any other where for that matter, as well as email correspondence that she didn't like which was made by my wife who is not employed through them. At that time, I was ordered to return the truck, which as I stated above I had been making constant payments on and have followed my end of both contracts to their fullest. I have returned the truck in the timely manner on which I was given.

She put me at a complete loss on what to do literally being stranded in MN with no money and no way to get home to FL with all my belongings and my 2 dogs that run with me. This whole false termination really threw me for a loop all because I didn't answer the phone at night when I had to be up in a few hours to deliver my load and her being mad that my wife asked for the bill for the repairs that I just paid for. The reasons I was terminated were complete lies and out of spite as she does not like my wife as she has caught her in many lies and errors on the settlement statements, both good and bad to both parties and has had her correct them. I have talked to Ooida and they strongly believe I have a case, just the fact of falsely accusing me of drinking in the truck alone can ruin my driving career. Do I have a false termination case and / or a loss of revenue, loss of what I have paid for the truck along with what I have into the truck including maintenance, repairs, etc? I have lost thousands from the purchase of the truck as well as thousands in lost revenue.

Is there any suggestions to help me move forward? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you, Cary C.

If you've talked to several lawyers and they show little or no interest in your case, or demand thousands of dollars to do what you want, FILE A LAWSUIT, you have no case.

The lesson here is one I have taught for years, STOP posting anything on social media except pictures of pretty landscapes and lovely bowls of fruit.

Social media can allow YOU to destroy your life.

Back