Breach of contract to be in TV credits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillalmighty

I was paid $200 several months ago to design and sew 2 costumes for a local TV karaoke show. Part of the verbal agreement was that I would be listed in the television credits, which did not happen. The producer has been ignoring my emails asking why and in fact has told me to not contact him again. Does anybody know whether I can sue for breach of contract? The costumes were worn on the show, but my contribution was not.
Thanks!

well, basically you have to ask yourself two questions:

1) How can you prove that this agreement exists if the opposing party will deny this?

2) What damage have you suffered, how can your prove that, and therefore what would the remedy be you are asking for?

The second question will be pretty important, because a lawsuit only makes sense if you have suffered damage and have a realistic hope that a court can provide a remedy.

proof...

I can prove that my clothing was on the show, of course. Also, the dancers will testify(?) that the clothes were made by me.
Nobody is given the costume credits on that show. I also have several saved emails addressed to him asking about the missing credits.

As for damages, that show was supposed to be on my resume for costume making. Without the credits I have no way to prove that I did them to a potential customer. It has cost me potential income since nobody knew who made the costumes (one of the dancers told me that a few local costumers did ask the person who edited the show, but at the time she didn't know it was me).

Also, I have emails promising me future sewing jobs that ended up being given to someone else. The producer had nothing but praise for my outfits so I have to assume my insistence for credit due put him off future jobs.
Think I have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back