Breach of Contract for Russian Translation to English for British Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

zentoro

In January of 2010 I was contracted by Clarity Productions to translate raw video footage of Russian speaking people into English for a documentary titled, "After the Apocalypse" - I finished translating 10 tapes (60mins each by writing both Russian and English translations to the time codes for editing) and then Clarity Productions went bankrupt and disappeared and the documentary was held in receivership. The director of the documentary Anthony Butts wrote to me and said I would get paid for my work - totaling about $500. Now I received an email from Anthony Butts that he has finished the project but says he doesn't owe me any money because I was contracted through Clarity Productions. The documentary is now being produced by Natasha Dack and Christopher Hird through Dartmouth Films and will be aired on More4 - a BBC owned television station. Anthony Butts offered me a DVD copy as payment and said I was being unreasonable asking for payment.q My question is do I have the rights to sue Antony Butts, the producer et al since it was my work that is being used as the English subtitles? As well, Anthony Butts is not giving me credit on the documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back