Consumer Law, Warranties breach of contract and unable to receive my refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmg001

My wife and I hired a DJ/Videography company for our wedding on August 2nd of this year. The day of the wedding I was contacted by the company and told that the videographer wasn't going to make it and they did not have anyone else to fill in. I was told that the DJ was on their way to the event and would be there in plenty of time. The DJ arrived to the even late and had not prepared the music for the ceremony beforehand. He consequently did not play any of the right music at the right time. He also ignored our requests during the reception. I spoke with the company's representative and I was assured that I would be refunded for the videographer within 2 weeks. I called again in two weeks and no one seemed to know that I was supposed to receive a refund. I was directed to contact the corporate offices and talk with accounting. I called them and they said that they were waiting for a request from the representative I worked with. I spoke to her and was assured it would be handled. Two weeks later I called again because I had not heard anything and I was told that they were processing a request for a full refund and to check with them the following week. I called the following week and was told everything was taken care of. This past week I still hadn't heard from them so I called yet again and I was told by the representative that she was going to call the accounting dept. and find out what was going on and then call me. I have tried calling several times since then and I cannot get anyone to pick up the phone. My question is how I should proceed legally. It has been suggested that I take them to small claims court for my refund but it was said that I should sue them for breach of contract. If someone could tell me which would be the better course of action and I would go about doing either I would greatly appreciate it.

Send the company a demand for whatever it is you feel is owed to you and why. This would probably include a full refund from the videographer and some from the DJ. Mention that they were supposedly cutting you a check weeks ago and that if you don't receive the check within 2 weeks you will file a legal claim and report them to the Better Business Bureau and relevant state agencies. Send this notice certified return receipt mail. You'll probably get something back. If you don't, nail them in small claims court.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened at your wedding but I'm sure it didn't spoil what should be the best day so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back