Breach of confidentiality

Destinee9917

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
My family just moved in to an apartment complex in February 2018. We have had nothing but issues woth our neighbors especially an older lady living next door, well she called me over to her apartment the other day about a month after i had to call the main company that owns the buildings and i recorded our conversation.. she began explaining she knows about me calling and complaining about people in the building and so on and so forth.. i never told anybody about me calling so i never denied or admitted i did so.. after i left i called the main company again and began asking questions about how she got the information and they said they dont know if they did expell my name or not when talking to the manager but they normally dont.. i have a feeling that the manager pat told my neighbor all about it and now she has been harassing me and my family and trying to get us to leave.. i just want to know if there is something we can do about them breaking the confidentiality laws in place about stuff like that because i feel like if they told her who else are they going to tell about us and we have children and i dont even feel safe living here anymore... please help!

What "confidentiality laws" do you feel were broken? Were you speaking with an attorney, a priest/clergy person, a counselor, or a physician/health care provider?

When i signed my lease it states that in any matter our names will not be brought up for any purpose with any other neighbors for safety reasons amd its part of their confidentiality agreement which my husband and i both had to sign as well as the manager, but my neighbor some how found out about us calling and everything that i had said and the only way she would have known was if they broke the confidentiality and told her I called and was saying the concerns i was having.. we have YOUNG boys and our neighbors have animals that shouldnt be around our kids they smoke drugs in the building and people who are causing uses with us feeling safe and secure in our own home because the manager runs her mouth to everybody shes even done it to us and ive talked to the main company and they wont do anything. But when my family is being harassed is what makes it worse. I recorded the whole conversation.. just want to know what i can do to get it to stop and make sure that is t okay when i open up and tell them whats going on and then they tell everyone what i say and who said it outti g ky family in danger..

If things are so bad, then I would suggest moving as soon as the lease is up. That's what you do when things are that bad.

My family just moved in to an apartment complex in February 2018. We have had nothing but issues woth our neighbors especially an older lady living next door, well she called me over to her apartment the other day about a month after i had to call the main company that owns the buildings and i recorded our conversation..

If you're smart, you already know that you shouldn't talk to strangers, and you aren't required to talk to the police or the FBI.

If I were you, I'd keep my distance and avoid making EYE contact with people that you find disagreeable.

Bottom line, keep to yourself and manage your own business.

Remember, don't talk to strangers, stay at least 10 feet away from others so that you don' get robbed, sexually molested, kidnapped or murdered.

i just want to know if there is something we can do about them breaking the confidentiality laws

There are no "confidentiality laws" applicable to the situation you described.

When i signed my lease it states that in any matter our names will not be brought up for any purpose with any other neighbors for safety reasons amd its part of their confidentiality agreement which my husband and i both had to sign as well as the manager

That's a very unusual provision to find in a lease. Can you quote it word for word? In any event, if, in fact, there was a breach of contract here, then your remedy is to sue for damages. However, it does not appear you have suffered any damages.

Back