branded title

J

jbsal8

Jurisdiction
Texas
hello,
my 2016 car was rear-ended and repaired(rear bumper replaced). some how my car now has a branded title. my car is like new and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. now I am unable to sell it or trade it in for a new car. I buy a new car every 12 to 15 months. no one can tell me how this happened, not even the DMV or the insurance that paid for the repairs. can I legally get this undone? thank you,
JB Salinas

my email is: jbsal8@yahoo.com

my 2016 car was rear-ended and repaired(rear bumper replaced). some how my car now has a branded title. my car is like new and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. now I am unable to sell it or trade it in for a new car.

Well, yeah, you can sell it for less or get a lower trade in value. You might have to come up with cash to pay down the loan or roll the balance into a new loan, but it's still possible to sell it or trade it.

no one can tell me how this happened, not even the DMV or the insurance that paid for the repairs.

I suspect that the people at the level at which you are asking just aren't in a position to know. My guess is that the insurance company notifies the DMV routinely and the DMV takes it from there.

can I legally get this undone?

I don't know. However, the DMV has some Title and Registration manuals on its website that are available to the public (I haven't read them). You might find some helpful information in them:

TxDMV.GOV - Rebuilt Vehicles

Back