Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant boyfriend got charged with resisting arrest with violence and poss of maryj less 20 g

Status
Not open for further replies.

love72160

PLEASE HELP ME! IM WONDERING HOW LONG MY BOYFRIEND WILL BE IN AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP HIM. HE WAS ON PROBATION AT THE TIME FOR 1 JOINT OF MARIJANA..PROB MISSPELLED....AND HE WAS DOING WEEKENDS AT THE COUNTY JAIL. WELL NOW HE WAS CAUGHT WITH LESS THAN 20 GRAMS OF THE SAME DRUG AND CHARGED WITH RESISTING ARREST AND RESISTING ARREST WITH VIOLENCE AND ALSO SOLITIATION OF PROSTITUTION. WHICH TO ME IS REDICULOUS!! HE HAS NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!! BUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AND GIVE ME AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH TIME HE WILL SERVE AND IF I WRITE THE JUDGE IF THAT WILL HELP AT ALL. HIS BOSS HAD WROTE THE COURT PREV ABOUT HIS PREVIOUS ARREST FOR 1 JOINT OF MARIJANA...WHY CANT THEY GO AFTER THE BIG PINS WHO ARE SELLING THE STUFF INSTEAD OF THE DABBLERS OF THE DRUG????? WELL ANYWAYS IF ANYONE CAN HELP......PLEASE!! REPLY AND THIS IS IN FLORIDA.......THANKS....AMY:confused: :confused: :(

I believe that I read that possessing under 20 grams of marijuana could land you up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. But it is difficult to say what the time will be because your boyfriend was on probation at the time. Not to say that there aren't people who are much worse, but regardless of how severe the crime, one would still not want to be caught again for the same crime and during a probationary period. It may signify to a judge a continued disrespect for the law, e.g. he doesn't believe marijuana should be illegal so he ignores the law.

I don't know how severe penalties are imposed in FL and in your county, but substantial jail time for a minute possession, if a first time possession, seems harsh. That still doesn't change the fact that there are other serious charges pending -- what about the solicitation and violence in resisting arrest? Does he have any priors besides the two arrests? He should have an attorney representing him in this instance and needs to discuss with the attorney how to handle the matter properly.

I don't think that a simple letter pleading with the court will clear this up so easily. I'm also a little confused and might not be understanding what you wrote -- are you stating that nothing like this ever happened before to your boyfriend but that it is possible that the charges are legitimate but you want a reduced sentence?

can u suggest a attorney

thanks michael for replying so quickly. yes he has had a prior arrest to this one but it was from years ago. and yes it was for the same drug. he served close to a year i believe. he had never been charged for solit of prostitution before. that sounds so crazy i think they just pinned him for that for no reason. but anyways so the charge of resisiting arrest and resisting arrest with violence is a serious charge? i wish he wouldnt fight with the police. would writing the judge have any effect at all? ive known him since he was 19 and now he is 33 and i hate seeing him go through this just because he is addicted to this drug. would the court ever think about putting him in rehab and house arrest? he was in a bad neighborhood at the time where they are trying to crack down on drugs etc. he should have never been in this area. as far as a attorney goes i really doubt seriously he can afford one. but i will look into it. when he was doing weekends at the county jail for the prior "one joint" charge it was for 26 weeks. his sister keeps saying he will have to do 3 years. i hope to god she is wrong. he has a daughter who is 4 and a goddaughter who is 4 and a godson who is 14 and i would hate for them not to see him for this long. well thanks again for all your help...and do u have a recommendation for a cheap attorney for okaloosa county in florida? if you do i would surely appreciate it so much. do cheap attorneys exist??? thanks again.....amy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back