Bought Car From Ebay - Scammed

L

Logan214

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Here's the short version. I have been following a guy on Ebay (Russell Magdytch) that sells cars for over 10 years with a 100% feedback in Sacramento California. The car I was watching had an auction (Flood Vehicle/Salvage title) that ended so I decided to contact guy through eBay and check if its still for sale. The guy (eBay: drjemini) said yes and that he wanted to make a deal. Car pictures look great and I even have documented emails that say there was absolutely no flaws and it's in excellent condition. My small local credit union asked for copy of title and bill of sale in return would cut the check to his business ( Consider it sold) for the asking price of 21,400 showing the vin # on the check as well. This was all done outside of eBay since my credit union made the check out for the full amount. Fast forward 2 months later the guy continues to lie and make excuses about the car needing major drivetrain work and the credit union is now requesting an immediate pay off since he never shipped the car or title and its considered a unsecure loan. Week after week there is an issue with the car after he insisted before receiving the check it was immaculate. I've contacted an attorney and after 3 weeks and $1800.00 in legal fees I still haven't received Car/title or payoff. I did speak to the internal affairs Dept. for Ca. DMV and he is building a criminal case, but in the meantime I've paid 2 payments of over $1000 for a car I don't have, and $1600.00 for a rental car cause we needed a 2nd vehicle. How is this even legal?

Frustrated in PA.

How is this even legal?

How is what even legal? You borrowed money. You have a contract with the lender that says you make payments to pay back the money. That's legal and has nothing to do with your problem with the seller of the car.

Frankly, that you got scammed by the seller is your own fault for buying a car across the country without going to see, drive, and test it before buying it. It was a bonehead amateur mistake and you are paying for it now. Sorry I can't be of any help in that department.

I suggest that, before you spend another 1800 on a rental, you buy yourself a cheap beater for a couple of thousand that you can drive while the CA car is at issue. This CA thing isn't going to get resolved any time soon.

ePREY, second only to KILLERSLIST for SCAMMING, rarely KILLING SUCKAS.

Danger Jill Robinson, Danger!!!

Back