Bought a vehicle that the guy didnt own, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjw615

so i bought a vehicle from this guy that never registered the vehicle and never got the title put in his name, all he did was sign the back of the title along with the guy he bought it from...the county clerk said that i cant do anything with the vehicle until the guy i bought it from registers it and gets the title in his name.... what if this guy never does that? What if he refuses to cooperate? is there legal action i can do?

In the event the seller doesn't assist you, you can take legal action to get your money back. I'd advise you to contact the person you purchased the vehicle from and let him know of the problem. Perhaps you can be connected with the currently registered owner of the vehicle whom it seems would be the only person you'll need to complete the transfer. This person shouldn't have any problem with doing so if he or she already sold the vehicle to the person you purchased it from.

Even though you may be able to go to court and obtain a judgment, you should be advised that enforcement of the judgment is a whole other matter. Your best bet is to have the seller cooperate with you and, if there is difficulty reaching that person, contacting the original owner who appears to be the registered owner. This avoids controversy, dispute and potential litigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back