Bought a car and had to return it a week later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangit22

I bought a car at a big dealership after them telling me they found someone to finance me my Co signer and myself went to another room to sign final papers we signed all papers and the mam we spoke with said congratulations on your new car and gave us the keys. all we needed to do was bring a copy of a dl and a paycheck. 5 days later we return with the check and dl copy. He told me that he needed to check with the bank and see if there was anything else they needed (which I understand we had already made the deal) he said he would call me tomorrow and let me know. The .next day around 5 he calls and said deal did not go through and I needed to bring the truck back. So I did when I got back to the dealership he returned my trade to me and I had no plates, stickers, and important parts to my trade in where missing. I told him I needed those things back and all he did was get me some paper plates and said he would check on the other parts that where missing and was nothing else he could do. What can I do about this someone had mentioned breach of contract. More Importantly what can I do about the parts missing my vehicle will not work right without those parts.

You won't likely get far with a breach argument. Most contracts allow for the dealer to cancel the sale in a certain period if time.

The dealer needs to either return your vehicle in the same condition or compensate you for the loss. You need to speak with the sales manager and try to resolve the problem before you try anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back