Breaking a Lease boss/landlord is racist and homophobic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampaguy88

My landlord at my work is the most awful human being. She comes in and makes fun of some of my clients( hairdresser renting a space from her) and laughs about it. My gay client she asked me if she was supposed to call gay people guys or girls... Then she told me she did not want to hire black people because they like to sue peoole. She also said that they steal more things then they own. She harasses my clients saying they need facials because their wrinkles look bad. Do I have a case or am I wasting my time?

YOU do not have a case for anything. Nor does your gay client, since sexual orientation is not protected in Florida. If any black job applicant feels they can show evidence that they were not hired because of their race, THEY may have one.

My landlord at my work is the most awful human being. She comes in and makes fun of some of my clients( hairdresser renting a space from her) and laughs about it. My gay client she asked me if she was supposed to call gay people guys or girls... Then she told me she did not want to hire black people because they like to sue peoole. She also said that they steal more things then they own. She harasses my clients saying they need facials because their wrinkles look bad. Do I have a case or am I wasting my time?

If you disapprove of her actions, why not rent space in another location?

Most people would have been long gone, if they had to be around such a jerk.

Eventually this creature will run your clients away.

Why wait for that to happen?

I wouldn't want to rent from someone who treats my clients like that. No matter how much they might like you or the work you do, people will only take so much & then stop coming. You might try looking for another place to rent.

Based just on what you posted, I don't see a case for anything at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back