Bookkeeping errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsaints1

I have a bookkeeper that is not performing as expected. No theft, just inaccurate work all over the place. She will not take calls, works out of her house with other clients. She randomly responds to emails and I had to extend my tax filing. I had an independant CPA/bookkeeper look at it for a few minutes and sees issues to some extent. I have forwarded the info to the existing bookkeeper and I will hope she shes that I have someone looking over her shoulders. She will be terminated but not before she clears this errors. What type of legal action do I have if she refuses to respond or clean the mess?

I don't see taking any legal action against her but you can certainly terminate her.

thank you much. Well she is listed on many boards, so I can give her bad reviews.

If you're smart, you'll terminate the relationship and refrain from saying anything that could get YOU sued.

Did she not give bad service and inaccurate work along with a refusal to fix the problems? case closed

That's your opinion.
If she sues you, don't say I didn't warn you.
There are people who do shoddy work, get others to post negative statements about them online, and sue for defamation.
Your state, CA, makes it easy for someone to receive these windfalls.
Frankly, you're free to do anything you are bad enough to get away with.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back