booked up

R33CO

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I allowed someone in-between moves to stay at my house 7 months ago and she brought a million boxes of books that are clogging the passageways in my home, and she is still here and I want the BOOKS OUT OF HERE! She is NOT willing to remove them.

Can I take these damn books out of here myself and dump them at the local town dump, or do I have to go through some legal proceedure to get rid of them?

Can I take these damn books out of here myself and dump them at the local town dump, or do I have to go through some legal proceedure to get rid of them?

Sorry, the fastest way to get the books removed, is to pursue the eviction of the deadbeat owner of the books.

When you have the deadbeat evicted, the marshal or the deputy will also remove her junk and clutter.

Read the information below:

Landlord/Tenant/Housing FAQs - CT Judicial Branch

https://www.jud.ct.gov/Publications/hm014.pdf

she brought a million boxes of books

I assume this is intentional exaggeration.

Why didn't you tell her "no" as soon as the "million boxes" arrived in your home?

Can I take these damn books out of here myself and dump them at the local town dump

We obviously have no information whatsoever about what abilities you have.

do I have to go through some legal proceedure to get rid of them?

You'll have to evict your tenant if she won't voluntarily remove her property. You can google "how to evict a tenant in Connecticut" for more information.

Back